The power of using social video in your social media marketing cannot be underestimated. Experts predict that by 2017 74% of all internet traffic will come from video, and many of your competitors will be leveraging this. In fact a recent survey stated that 96% of B2B companies are already using video as part of their online marketing.
Previously the most popular way to share videos was via Youtube, but with the introduction of Facebook Live, and now Twitter Live, there are many very quick and simple ways to broadcast your message. With half of advertisers moving their budgets from TV advertising, to digital video, you need to be sure you are accounting for this development in your strategy.
How video fits in to your marketing plan
With over 8 billion daily video views on both Facebook and Snapchat, any brand that is not creating video and sharing it on social media, is missing out on a huge opportunity.
Video is a great way to build brand awareness. Hootsuite explain that
“Thoughtful, emotive storytelling is the heart of any successful social video. When you want to motivate, persuade, or be remembered, start with a story of human struggle and eventual triumph.”
A recent example is the beautifully crafted story of a Polish man learning English, in the advert for Allegro, a Polish online auction website. It is incredibly moving and has been shared all over the world, giving Allegro exceptional brand awareness.
Hootsuite’s guide suggests that businesses could use social video to:
- Tell your brand’s story
- Help lead generation – People see a lengthy piece of content and decide it’s not worth their time to fill out the form to download a document they may never read. Videos can be a lot less labour intensive and a lot more appealing.
- Offer added value to your customers by creating “How To” videos, which are hugely popular on Youtube
- Engage with customers by answering their inquiries in a visual and personal way
- Help with Employer branding – This allows you to show a more fun or hidden side of your company, regardless of how ‘boring’ it might seem from the outside.
Why it’s better to go live
When deciding how to integrate video in your campaign, know that ‘live’ video is becoming increasingly preferred by the consumer, and the social media networks like Facebook, are ranking it higher than the more traditional use of sharing videos from Youtube etc. Facebook state:
“As a first step, we are making a small update to News Feed so that Facebook Live videos are more likely to appear higher in News Feed when those videos are actually live, compared to after they are no longer live. People spend more than 3x more time watching a Facebook Live video on average compared to a video that’s no longer live. This is because Facebook Live videos are more interesting in the moment than after the fact.”
Here are some top tips to get your first live video out there!
- Always plan & practice what you are going to say
- Promote your Facebook/Twitter Live video in advance – let them know when you will be live
- Make sure you have a good internet/wifi connection!
- Engage with your audience
- Ask your viewers to subscribe
- Save and share your video
If you need any help creating a social media campaign to help promote what you do, GET IN TOUCH to find out how we could help your brand get noticed online!
engagement, Facebook, Facebook Live, Hootsuite, snapchat, social video, Twitter, twitter live, video, video marketing