Pinterest has been around for a number of years and is one of the older social media sites and many businesses are not aware of the influence it can have on purchase behaviour. With it being a ‘visual’ platform, giving way to creativity and inspiration, businesses who focus on more informational types of posts tend to stay away from the network.
However the latest release from Pinterest show that figures are on the up and the creative platform is not going anywhere, providing even more sales influence for those looking to grow their business from the network. According to these Pinterest statistics, it is much better at driving purchase intent than other social platforms.
Since its launch in 2010, Pinterest has grown to over 200 million users which is over 40% in the last year alone. Users are using the platform to discover new possibilities and to find new ideas for their lives. The curiosity is continuously growing as people are open to trying new things and to discovering things that they love, through the visual platform.
In the latest infographic that Pinterest has released it provides a ray of information that is sheds light for businesses both big and small who are trying to reach an audience and perhaps had almost given up.
A glance at the Pinterest statistics…
Within the release, we can see:
- Shopping starts here – 72% say that Pinterest inspires them to shop when they aren’t actually looking for anything!
- Decisions happen here – 90% say that Pinterest helps them decide what to purchase.
- Checking out from social – proportionally it drives more referral traffic to shopping sites that any other social media platform.
- Back for more – 59% use Pinterest to find more information about their purchases.
- 78% of Pinners say content from brands on the platform is helpful
So if you’re not already on Pinterest and you’re looking to push your online sales, we think these Pinterest statistics show it’s about time you start using this under-used social media network!
If you’d like to discuss how to get started using Pinterest for business, get in touch, we’d love to help.
content marketing, creating visual content, online marketing, online sales, pinterest, pinterest for business, visual platforms